Mind & Body: 5 Reasons To Practice Meditation
Living a peaceful life means investing in our health. Taking good care of our mind and body is the key to being successful in any field of your life. Living our best life requires a long commitment to practices that keep our mind and body refreshed and nourished. The World Health Organization (WHO) predicts that depression is to become the 2nd leading cause of global disease by 2020, so it's about time people to take control over their lives and to think about their future and the future of the next generations.
So I've decided to explore the alternatives that offer a non-pharmaceutical benefit to people experiencing depression and anxiety, and discovered meditation. Did you know meditation can greatly improve your health and lifestyle? And all you need are meditation mats and a timer. A timer will allow you to focus without being distracted by having to check your clock. This is not required; you can install an app on your phone or if you do not have a smartphone, just use the phone's timer (all models have this feature built-in). What you'll definitely need is something to sit on - meditation mats and cushions.
Meditation mats, also known as yoga mats, provide good grip and some type of cushioning (way better than meditating on a hard floor). They are latex-free, durable, easy-to-clean and light weight what makes them easy for traveling. Meditation cushion is something you need to sit on. It allows you to stay in upright position, allowing you to improve your alertness.
Once you have the essentials, you need to decide on the type of meditation style that best suits your lifestyle. There are no "the best" meditation types, however, the one thing to remember is that the best meditation is the one that works for you. Meditation teachers advise to choose depending on the way the attention is focused. For example, a meditation teacher may specialize in focused attention (focusing on a single object) or open monitoring meditation.
Here are the top 5 reasons why one should practice medicine
- Your Health Will Improve – Regardless your age, meditation is one of the easiest way to improve your health. Many surveys have found that meditation can lowers your blood pressure and reduce the risk of stroke and heart disease. Additionally, meditation can decrease levels of stress, can heal depression, reduce chronic pain, decrease the pain in cancer patients, and reduce fibromyalgia related symptoms.Other studies have indicated that meditation can improve your immune system. In fact, it can reduce the levels of cortisol, which is a hormone that in high levels can weaken your immune system.
- You Will Improve Your Night's Sleep – Meditation studies have shown that one hour of meditation per day can improve your sleeping, even if you sleep fewer hours.Doubtless, regular meditation can enhance your dream life. This means that the frequency of vivid dreams will increase.
- You’ Will Feel Less Stressed – Until today, the most popular use for meditation is stress. There are countless studies demonstrating the stress-reducing effects in both healthy and non-healthy individuals. Recent researches state that meditation is suitable also for children who experience stress and anger. It is the best solution for reducing stress and anger, as well as for improved mood disorders and depression in both adults and teenagers.
- Your Mental Clarity Will Improve - Meditation has also been related to increasing people's concentration and awareness, and in improving one's ability to maintain focused for longer periods of time.
- You Will Boost Your Creativity – Least, but not last, meditation can really help you in increasing your creativity. Through meditation, you will free your body, mind and soul and reveal your creativity side.
If what you want are beginner's meditation classes, Yellow Pages is one source you can rely on. You can also search and browse for meditation classes online. Aside from the fact that you will be able to read other people's testimonials, you can also learn more about particular meditation center.